


I did it! I completed my goal of running the half marathon. I finished, I finished. It was a great race. The course was beautiful. I got to see my dad's old house and my parents old high school which is now lofts that start at 400,000! The Ing marathon/half marathon was the by far the best course and organized race I have ever run. My time was 2 hours and 32 minutes P and I had to subtract 2 minutes from each mile from the finish time. It was a great experience. P and I decided a long time ago that we will start together, finish together, and end together. That is a good friend. Dh came down with the kids and saw me run up to the hill. He was smack dab in the middle of the street! I was so happy to see him and the kids! I needed them to be exactly there because the last 3 miles were up hill and that is where it began. Mad props to dh. I had another big surprise which was my brother "J" and his girlfriend. They are the sweetest people. It was a total surprise! I did not know they were coming. They were there with dh and the kids so they got to see me run also! It is nice to have that support. I had other friends receiving text messages from ING as I crossed 5k,10k, and finished! Thanks to all my supporters!!!!! I am taking 2 weeks off from running. I shall return to run the Peachtree Road Race.
No comments:
Post a Comment