Monday, March 09, 2009

The Great Date Experience.....EVER!



It started out as me saying "hey honey some friends want us to come over for dinner". He hesitated which was unusual. He told me that he had a date planned. I thought it would be dinner because I had run another race or something. Little did I know that my man had a PLAN! My youngest was gooing spent the night at grandma's after school on Friday for some one on one time until Saturday evening. Well we went down to grandma's on Saturday and she would watch all 3 while we went out on a date. Yes she is AWESOME and you can't have her! Well I got in the car with dh and he had papers which scared me because that meant we were trying something new. Which also means that the plan may not work out and I thrive off of plans. I did the right thing which was to just let go and let GOD. God is AWESOME as usual. The date was to be done in steps. The date could be done on a dollar or a dime. We chose the dollar since dh will be leaving for a couple of weeks soon. You can check out the details at Browns Bridge
We went to Chick-Fil- A for our appetizer and answered a list of questions to ask each other. Then it was off to the Main Course. We went to Frontera Mex which is delicious. The laughter started as soon as we entered the restaurant. They had a DJ who was Jamaican and he sang lots of songs one of which was Michael Jackson's "Human Nature"! We talked some more and answered more questions. Off to Target we go...to find a gift for each other under 2.00 in 10 minutes and meet each other out front and talk about why you bought the gift for the other person. I was convinced that I could do this! We met back out front and exchanged our gifts. I received a pedicure set because I take really good care of my feet he said and I had just ran a race that morning. He also bought me a picture frame because I love taking pictures and displaying them! He got these at the dollar spot at Target. I bought him a 3pack of Ivory Soap because he always smells so clean and pure and also because he always manages to stay afloat no matter what! Off to Dessert we go. I was STUFFED but I was committed to doing everything that was asked. So we went to McDonald's and I had a McFlurry and he had Cinnamon Twist. It was yummy! We talked some more and some more and some more. There were more questions for the final ride home after picking up the kids so we talked and talked. It was awesome. It made me remember all the things that I knew but had pushed aside. It made me fall in love all over again! Can't wait for next month. Go Hubby! Oh yeah the final instructions were to pull in the drive way let down the windows and and dance to a song then proceed however you want...OH YEAH! Let the marriage SIZZLE!

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

LOVE THIS! What a cool, fun, creative date! Will they put one out each month? I am totally checking these out - we need some ideas! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

You have such an amazing husband. I hope you shower him with affection every day.

In all seriousness - that was fun. Can't wait for next month...