This is just my day to day experience as I enjoy my life as a SAHM in the suburbs of Atlanta
Thursday, January 01, 2009
Mery Christmas, Happy New Year, and Here I go for 2009 ...
Okay so it has just been plain crazy!! I made a resolution to blog at least 5 days a week even it is just pictures! I need to go forward but here is what we did in December. We baked cookies as usual....but they are older and so it was funnier( yes I know it is not a word but I like it)We went caroling for the fist time with the kids. They loved it. We only went to four houses but next year we will do 10 so watch out. I don't cook Christmas dinner although I love to cook because dh does not want me to spend all day in the kitchen so last year we started the traditon of going out for Chinese. Oh yes...he is awesome and I get to come home to a clean house! Instead of a ton of gifts we do "Trips Under The Tree". A trip under the tree is where you can do no gifts or a couple and take the 800 plus dollars that you spend on family and friends and use that to go somewhere with your family and create memories that you will have a lifetime! The toys will eventually go but the pictures and memories you will have forever. We take turns dh and I. One year he plans it and the next I do. Well I did Disney and he did "The City". I have already started planning for December and man-o-man will he be surprised. We stayed at a hotel in the city upstairs from Centenial Olympic Park with points that dh had because he travels so much. I am not complaining as that is how are going to Hawaii! We toured the city and it was a blast and I can't wait until Christmas comes again!



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love, Love, LOVE the santa chef's hats!
and your travel ideas!
.... hmmmm
Rossette
Ok I HAVE to know where you got the Santa Chef's hats and aprons!!! Seriously Natalie, when I grow up I want to be JUST LIKE YOU!!!!!
I'm liking your idea of "trips under the tree." We will have to consider that option this year.
Post a Comment