This is just my day to day experience as I enjoy my life as a SAHM in the suburbs of Atlanta
Saturday, October 18, 2008
The Times Have Changed
Tonight our entire family(extended family included)went to Medieval Times courtesy of Grandma and Grandpa. It was just fabulous! I think this is the first time in a long time we have all been done something together as a family. It made me realize how much we really don't all get together. I think it's sad that we all live in the ATL area and see each other as though we are a couple of states away. Don't get me wrong we see grandma and grandpa about a couple of times a month but not the others. It's so easy to take family for granted. We don't always see eye to eye but one day some of us will be gone and we need to love each other now. We are a little spread out now but maybe one day we will all live in the same city. All the grand kids would love it. I love seeing grandma and grandpa. They are like my real parents only lighter(inside joke if you don't know the situation). I am so glad that my kids have grandparents. They are always there when we call to...come to a game, kidsit, special days at school, birthdays, and most of all just because. Tonight was one of those nights where I was just filled with joy. The funny thing is that "Mom" kept saying that she loved seeing the kids faces as they watched the show but the funny thing was I loved seeing her face as she watched the kids. I will always remember that smile that she had on her face. It's something that I will be able to tell the kids when they are older. I can tell them how much their grandparents loved them. I never really understood what a grandparents love was but tonight it was so evident...guess I am getting old. "Dad" is just a sucker for his granddaughters. He is a lively man to say the least. You will always laugh or be fully embarrassed when he's around. I actually think he is quite funny. My oh my how the times have changed...
No comments:
Post a Comment