
Merry Christmas to everyone! I hope that you remembered the reason for the season. We got up around 7:00 a.m. the kids were so siked! We read the story of the birth of Jesus Christ. We then opened gifts and it was all laughs and hugs. The kids got clothes, a few toys, movies etc. We then ate breakfast(croissants,bacon, homemade grits). Greg and the kids were exhausted so they took a 3 hour nap. I stayed awake because it's just like normal to me. They woke up and we started some new traditions this year. We went out to dinner for Chinese and that was fantastic! We then went to visit grandparents for a couple of hours and came back home. I love doing that. It took so much stress off of me by going out to dinner. I love cooking but I do it all the time and dh suggested we go out and enjoy each other rather than me be in the kitchen all day. He is a great guy! Something new we are trying going forward is keeping the going out to dinner but me doing a big breakfast with all the traditional things dh grew up with. We also are not doing gifts. I read about this family in Atlanta parent magazine and they do something called "trips under the tree". What we will do is rotate between dh and I where we go but it will be a total surprise for the rest of us:-) We will not do gifts anymore except one per person but no other gifts to each other and parents. When I first told dh about this he was skeptical until he thought on it some more and as we drove up 85 north he said let's do it. We are sort of cheating next year because we are doing Disney but I will plan everything so he will be surprised somewhat. I can't wait to do this. The kids are all on board....they might not understand it all. I hope that we can keep this tradition going for years to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment