Have you heard? We have an elf living in our house! His name is Hayden and he arrived here a little later than planned. I found out about him from a friend of a friend. It is the greatest thing. He comes to your house around Thanksgiving and leaves Christmas Eve. He is a nice elf unless he is feeling mischievous. He sometimes leaves crumbs, spills drinks, and messes up the toy room. Every morning he is a different place in your house or car:-)
The kids literally jump out of there beds at 6:30 a.m. and start to look for Hayden. He leaves after they go to bed and heads to the North Pole to give Santa and updated report on how they are behaving. I was a little skeptical about this whole Santa thing but me and dh came to a compromise. The kids know that Santa is not the meaning of Christmas and Jesus is and we talk about that daily. The minute they put Santa or the elf as the reason....we need some S, R, and R....STOP, Reflect, and Rejoice! This is a lot of fun as they are so excited and it's fun to see them use there imagination. I love watching them come up with how he got back into the house. The also have quiet a few friends with elfs living at there homes. Kids make Christmas so much fun. I can't imagine it any other way. Merry Christmas to you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment