Tuesday, September 08, 2009

My Sweet 3

It was a fantastic weekend! We went to two braves games and a book fair with my awesome MIL(mother in law). Of course she will buy books for anyone who will read. Well my 3 love books and that is awesome. I often here of other mom's talking about how their children hate reading. I can't relate. Anyways, I have been really trying to pay attention to how much we spend as that has n not always been the case. So, I packed lunches for our kids for the braves game so that I would not have to buy AS much food that is insanely priced! I packed for everyone but myself as I love a wonderful hot dog at a baseball game. That is the point right? I packed, grapes, soup(yes they love soup), juice boxes, bottled water, cookies, carrots, and fruit snacks. I had them each carry their own lunch boxes as it makes it lighter for me. About 2 bites after they were eating their grapes Kelli looked over and said" Oh mommy, you work so hard for us packing lunches, laundry, and everything that you do. I would like for you to rest some and take a break" My heart melted. It was so very sweet. That is just her personality. Then my other two chimed in and said "yes mommy, you are very sweet to us, we love you and you do too much". I sat there and just looked into their eyes and thanked God for the appreciation that my 3 children have for me and others around them. If I never get another "Thank You Mom" which I am sure I will...life is good. The three things that I want out of this life for my 3 children is for them to love Christ, have good morals, and love others and themselves. The ironic part is that here is was "Labor Day" and I was still on duty but the reward was well worth an "extra" work day.



1 comment:

Michelle said...

How sweet that she thanked you and wanted you to take a break. What a sweety.
How nice that you have the Braves so close by.