Sunday, May 18, 2008

The Maid is not doing a good job

To all of you out there who know me. Be prepared to be shocked! My husband sent me to a site and said we should start this for our family! I watched this in amazement. I was not in amazement that this could be done but that somehow someway this was not being done by ME! It's funny how he did something so wonderful on Friday and was totally erased in 2 minutes (no pun intended). Somehow I can go more than 7 days and the house is somehow swept, toilets are cleaned, kids beds and ours(more now than a year ago), trash is taken out (even though he travels a lot), carpets are vacuumed, tubs cleaned, cars cleaned( ladies day on Wed), dinner is cooked( at least 4 days a week and they are homecooked), baseboards cleaned(twice a year). The list just goes on and on. I wish there was something that I could not do for seven days and see how my house would look! I guess I will have to do these things more than a couple of times a week and that means less sex cause I will be so exhausted(darn). Yes friends, motherhood and stay-at-home positions are thankless and often over looked. I did have a wonderful Friday night but I am too pissed to post about that at the moment.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Don't take it personally. One of the most accurate sayings I've come across is "Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing." —Phyllis Diller. While this was an interesting video and idea, it shows the before and after... but not the 10 minutes after showing how the three kids have demolished all of their parents efforts in the blink of an eye. Chin up - the only time you'll have a clean house for more than 5 minutes is after they've moved out!