Each trip begins at the depot in Blue Ridge, Georgia and includes a stop in McCaysville which permits passengers to disembark and stretch their legs while exploring the downtown communities of McCaysville, Georgia and Copperhill, Tennessee. Each round trip takes approximately 3 1/2 hours." So naturally we all thought that we were going really far! Hell No! It was 6 miles from our cabin but it took 3 1/2 hours. I figured this out as we passed the trailer that was hit by a drunk driver that we saw tubing! This was the highlight and laugh of our trip. I will tell you more about the hike that almost went terribly wrong in another post. Now for some pics!
This is just my day to day experience as I enjoy my life as a SAHM in the suburbs of Atlanta
Wednesday, July 18, 2007
We Now Interrupt this program for....Life
We are back or shall I say we have been back for a week now. It has been crazy every since then... The vacation was AWESOME! We laughed so much until our stomach's hurt. It was a much needed vacation! It all started as we got on the road towards Blue Ridge, Georgia. We joked and commented on the scenery as dh and Jamesess(yes..I spelled it like we pronounced it). He rode shot gun while the Diva's rode in the back. Our first stop was at Starbizucks. We all needed some caffeine right?. The whole time Jamesess and as we now call him "G-Reg"( gee-reg) talked about food. They wanted to eat like every 10 minutes. We kept driving until it was time to check in. We went to go pick up our keys which was 10 minutes from where the cabin actually was. The cabin was beautiful! It was just like the pictures. I can't wait to go back. After we unpacked we went into downtown Blue Ridge for lunch. We ate at a Victorian House were the food was delicious! We were going to take this awesome train ride but decided to wait until the next day or two for that. More on that later. After lunch we went around all of the cute little shops. Of course I liked everything and so did Pam. We hung out for a while more and went back to the cabin for dinner. We decided that night that we would go tubing. Well it said in the brochure that you could not wear flip-flops. Everyone knows that I am a flopaholic! I had to get shoes with straps on the ends. Dh bought me some cute crocs! Love em:-) We had to find shoes for everyone else so we went to a shoe store and everyone found the ones they wanted. Well then we went to Walmart and Jamesess found some for about 4.98! So he took his 15.00 ones back! He got the Wally World special! On to tubing we went. We parked the car and got on the bus with a 55 year old male with an earring in his ear. He was so funny. We got on the bus and drove to the drop off point but not before he pointed out the trailer that was hit by a car during a high speed chase that ended badly....for the trailer I mean. We got in the water for tubing and it was the slowest ever. I could have driven home and back in time to pick up the others! It was a lot of fun though as we all kept getting stuck on the rocks. The next day went on the "Great Train Ride" where Georgia meets Tennessee. The brochure described it as" The train route consists of a 26-mile round trip through historic Murphy Junction along the beautiful Toccoa River. This railroad was built over 100 years ago and is the only mainline railroad excursion service based in Georgia.
Each trip begins at the depot in Blue Ridge, Georgia and includes a stop in McCaysville which permits passengers to disembark and stretch their legs while exploring the downtown communities of McCaysville, Georgia and Copperhill, Tennessee. Each round trip takes approximately 3 1/2 hours." So naturally we all thought that we were going really far! Hell No! It was 6 miles from our cabin but it took 3 1/2 hours. I figured this out as we passed the trailer that was hit by a drunk driver that we saw tubing! This was the highlight and laugh of our trip. I will tell you more about the hike that almost went terribly wrong in another post. Now for some pics!





Each trip begins at the depot in Blue Ridge, Georgia and includes a stop in McCaysville which permits passengers to disembark and stretch their legs while exploring the downtown communities of McCaysville, Georgia and Copperhill, Tennessee. Each round trip takes approximately 3 1/2 hours." So naturally we all thought that we were going really far! Hell No! It was 6 miles from our cabin but it took 3 1/2 hours. I figured this out as we passed the trailer that was hit by a drunk driver that we saw tubing! This was the highlight and laugh of our trip. I will tell you more about the hike that almost went terribly wrong in another post. Now for some pics!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love your pictures! Hope you are blessed by the husband challenge!
Post a Comment