Wednesday, March 10, 2010

You wanna do what...Camping?

Yes! I did it! The Princess camped! I am still in shock but it was one of our best family times! Our small group had the great idea of going camping with the families to try and bond more. It worked as I love them even more. Apparently our small group members are professional campers. They picked out a place at Fort Yargo. Instead of camping outside in a tent we stayed in a Yurt. It was heated and it had furniture. The webpage said fully furnished but I did not know that meant there would be no refrigerator or microwave. Did I mention I am not a camper. We arrived and it was beautiful! Two of the kids thought the yurt was beautiful. One of my children said that she did not think we had the right room! I think she meant it was not the hotel room that she expected! We unpacked while all 5 children played with one another. It was a bit cold the first day but it warmed up significantly the next couple of days. We made smores, talked, hiked, visited an old barn, and played with dogs. I liked it more than I thought. I do know that I will never camp in a tent only a yurt. I need heat! I am so glad that we had this experience and it really taught me that I have a very luxurious life!...The Sweet Life Of The Suburbs



No comments: